Scope: This statement applies to this website and your interaction with us.
- You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable.
- We may collect information about you that you choose to provide, such as your e-mail or postal address.
- We may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our web site.
USES AND SHARING
- We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose.
- We will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent.
- We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law.
- When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to Gadget Guys we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
- You have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law.
- You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
Direct Marketing and Your Privacy
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. We will only do this with your consent and we will always give you a choice to opt put of receiving such information.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information via the mail we may do so with your implied consent. You imply consent where we reasonably conclude that it has been given by the actions you take or do not take, such as by not ticking an “opt out” box on a form for one of our products and services. We will ensure that our opt out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information.
All of our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
Gadget Guys usually does not engage in telemarketing activities to our consumer customers. Generally, such marketing is ever only used in relation to our business customers. Should any consumer telemarketing be done or authorised by Gadget Guys, will to the extent that it applies, comply with the:
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth);
- Do Not Call Register (Consequential Amendments) Act 2006 (Cth);
- Telecommunications (Do Not Call Register) (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2007
Due to the high incidence of credit card fraud, Gadget Guys may choose, at its own discretion, to perform checks to confirm the authenticity of any payments made by credit card. These checks may include requests for proof of ID, proof of Billing/Shipping Address or verification of a small refundable mystery debit (between $0.01 and $1.00) to your card.
If you have selected to make payment by Secure Credit Card (via Stripe) and do not agree to Gadget Guys performing any of these checks, then please change your payment method to either Direct Deposit or Paypal as your order will be processed and shipped more promptly. Orders paid by credit card may take up to 3 business days to process before shipping.